News & Events
Labour Day Weekend Hours
August 30 - OPEN
August 31 - OPEN
September 1 - CLOSED
September 2 - OPEN
The staff at Georgina Public Libraries wish you and your family a very safe and happy holiday.
eResource of the Month:
Literature Resource Center
Useful for high school students, this resource includes:
- More than 850 000 full-text articles, critical essays and reviews
- 135 000 in-depth author biographies
- 11 000 overviews of frequently studied works
- 5 000 links to selected websites
- Tools like print, e-mail, download, citation tools and bookmarks are clearly and easily accessible
- Browsable search indexes help users identify the most useful search terms for their needs
- Users can access the audio version of this website with ReadSpeaker technology
There is currently a disruption in service involving a shortage of blue bins, green bins and kitchen catchers at the Keswick Branch. Composters at the Ice Palace are currently sold out.
From: Tuesday, July 22, 2014 To: Unknown
We thank you for your patience and cooperation. View the Disruption Notice.
Vote It Forward Georgina - We Need You!
Georgina Public Libraries has a create, make & tinker entry in the Georgina Chamber of Commerce Vote It Forward competition for $1200 prize. Eila, our Children"s and Youth Services Librarian, has submitted a picture/text entry.
We need your help in getting us the most votes!
Tell your friends, family and co-workers to vote.
You can vote once a day until September 18.
Show us some library love!
Keswick Branch is running a pilot project involving the CardStar app. We want to know how useful you think this app will be. You can now use the CardStar app and store your library card number. You display it when checking out. Staff will then scan your stored library card number. Easy to download and install and can be used on most mobile devices.
Get the apps for iOs; Android; Windows Phone;
Blackberry (some exceptions); Nokia
If you're a CardStar user, here are some additional scanning tips:
- Make sure the screen is free of dust and fingerprints.
- Hold the barcode image steady (don't wave it around).
- Set your screen brightness to 80% or higher for best scanning results.
- If you wish to use a screen protector we recommend screen protectors with a ‘Clear’ finish. Screen protectors with a ‘matte’ or ‘privacy’ finish can interfere with the scanning process.
Read full digital copies of your favourite magazines on a computer, tablet or mobile device using Zinio!
Browse from our library’s collection of popular titles, with no holds, no checkout periods, and no limit to the number of magazines that you can download. Once you check out a magazine it is yours to keep forever. There is no expiry date. The latest issues are released simultaneously with the print edition.
What You Need
- Two accounts created using the same email address:
Staff are trained and ready to go to help you. Click the instruction sheet or
PowerPoint presentation to walk you through the signup process and enjoy!
Our Magazine Selection
Get the app for PC and Mac
Get the app for Windows 8
Get the app for iPhone and iPad
Get the app for Android
Get the app for Blackberry
Get the app for Kindle Fire HD/HDX
CELA, Centre for Equitable Library Access, incorporates CNIB services, and is a new, national, non-profit organization established to support the provision of accessible collections, in a variety of formats, for Canadians with print disabilities.
As a partner of CELA, we offer:
• Titles for all ages in audio, e-text and braille
• More than 85,000 books, magazines and newspapers
• Materials in English & French, with expanding access to other languages
If you are interested in signing up for this service, please contact:
Sanfu Chen, eServices/Keswick Branch Librarian: 905-476-5762 ext. 121;
Ruth Berry, eServices Library Technician, Keswick Branch: 905-476-5762 ext. 109
For more information on CELA, please log on to their website at www.celalibrary.ca
Georgina Public Libraries strives to be accessible to all patrons.
Our friendly staff can help with your accessibility requests.
For more details, view the poster