Can't find what you are looking for
in Georgina Public LIbraries' three branches? Try an Interlibrary Loan request. Interlibrary Loan is a service available to Georgina Public Libraries customers with accounts in good standing.
Through the cooperation of public libraries in Ontario, and coordinated by the Southern Ontario Library Service (SOLS), an Interlibrary Loan request is a search of other libraries in the province for your desired item. If found, the item will be loaned to you through your local library.
- Books: fiction or non-fiction.
- regular, large print or paperback
- talking books (audio) on CD or cassettes
- Magazines or journals
- photocopies of articles out of magazines or journals
- Feature and Documentary films
- Movies on DVD or VHS cassette
- Music CDs
- Newspapers (old newspapers and some magazines)
- Items in the Georgina Public Libraries collection (please see How Do I Place a Hold)
- Recent publications, such as titles published less then six months ago.
- Books with very high demand, for example books with recent feature film releases.
- Items that cannot be replaced if damaged in transit.
- e-books (Electronic Books downloadable through library websites are not available for ILL)
You can search the Southern Ontario Library Service (SOLS) INFO catalogue by going to their online databases at: http://info.vdxhost.com/en/vdx/
Please Note: searching this databases is an acquired skill, you may still request an item that you cannot find through your own searching. Trained library staff may be able to locate an item you cannot. You do not need to search for an item yourself to request an item.
Please Note: The more information you can provide the library about your requested item, the better the library staff's search accuracy and the more likely it is you will receive the item in a timely fashion.
- Call or visit any branch of Georgina Public LIbraries, library staff can request for you an Interlibrary Loan.
- You may also place a request online through our iBistro Catalogue: Interlibrary Loan Request Form. (You must log-in to your account before sending the ILL request. To do that see: How do I log in to My Account?
- It takes on average 1- 4 weeks, and sometimes longer, due to the complex nature of the service.
- Occasionally there may be requests that we are unable to fill, either because the item cannot be found or the library that owns the item refuses to lend the item through interlibrary loans.
For more info, contact Bonnie Coulter at 905-476-5762 ext 104